Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hurt my GTOs t56 any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hurt my GTOs t56 any ideas?

My 05 GTO is mostly stock. I do have "fun" in it. After a spirited run and a couple of hard shifts (not quite a power shift) I noticed that 2nd was harder to get into. It is very hard to get in above 40 mph (dropping from higher gear down into 2nd) and will grind if I don't pull it back a lot further than what it was prior to those passes. Best way to describe it is, i feel like I'm having to pull the shifter a lot further back in my throw before it goes in and engages. Bent 1-2 fork? hurt the fork pads? Lets hear the ideas Thanks guys.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got the same problem with mine, only its goign into third gear. i noticed if u hesitate before shifting into the gear it wont do it. a ring in there is busted and will require a tear down and replacement. nothing major to your driving tho as long as u stay easy on it. no hard/quick shifting. when u come out of 1st, take a second to let the rpm's drop a tad then shift. the problem might go away eventually. i noticed now that mien wont grind anymore fast shifting but i still dont do it much. just in case it starts to do it again. take it easy on the goat =]

99 TA ws6 ls1