Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B & M Trick Shift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B & M Trick Shift?

So I used to use this stuff in my mud toy's transmission. I really like the way it felt. I've done numerous searched to find someone using this in their t56 and all I have come up with is a few guys mentioning it in passing. So my question is, does anyone know if this is good **** to put in a t56? Anyone running this fluid? Any horror/success stories?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

I wouldn't use it for two reasons. One, it's expensive and if you are going to spend the money, put a name brand synthetic in it. Two, it's not intended for it. The T56 calls for just basic Dextron/Mercon II fluid.

Would it work? Probably so but I doubt you would see any difference in it at all over plain old off the shelf ATF.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

If it is the same trick shift I am thinking of, it is merely a higher friction transmission fluid like the old for Type F fluid. It was was supposed to firm up the shifts by reducing automatic transmission clutch disk slippage. I am not sure that is a great idea in a manual transmission, but I am not an expert on late model manuals. That last time I rebuilt a manual transmission, it had brass synchros.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedtigger
If it is the same trick shift I am thinking of, it is merely a higher friction transmission fluid like the old for Type F fluid. It was was supposed to firm up the shifts by reducing automatic transmission clutch disk slippage. I am not sure that is a great idea in a manual transmission, but I am not an expert on late model manuals. That last time I rebuilt a manual transmission, it had brass synchros.
Yeah its the same old stuff. I'm just gonna go with the redline more than likely.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM 01SSreda4 , He has a buddy who supposedly does crazy **** with trannys. Hes an auto guru but surely knows an answer to your question. I cant remember his friends name but 01SS should be able to point you in the right direction...

Quick Reply: B & M Trick Shift?