Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need a diagnose...hard to get into gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need a diagnose...hard to get into gear

Hey guys...recently i installed a new 9" rear end on the car, which required a new drive shaft.....when i finished the installation i noticed that i had no travel distance between the tailshaft of the trans and the slip joke, it was all the way into the trans.....after this i checked the drive shaft angle in it was way off, causing the problem of not having the needed travel clearance....So i decided to drive the car to my brother in laws so we could get the angle set in right, but on my way the tranny started acting up weird, if i stopped and left the clutch pressed and the car in gear it would give me hell to get it out of gear, this happened to me 2 or 3 times on my way to my brothers in law house....then right at the corner of his house the tranny got really stuck, i couln't get it in gear, nor 1st or 2nd or 3rd, so i shut the car off and started playing with it until finally it when into 2nd gear....now its really hard to get the car in any gear and when it goes into gear its hard to get it out, plus it wont go into 6th at all..

Any advised will be really appreciated, do i need at rebuild? i set up the DS angle so i got about 1" of travel now, but still the problem persist. thanks in advance.