Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master Cylinder, Clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Cylinder, Clutch problem...

Heya guys and a happy new year!

I just finished my a4 to m6 swap last night and went to test her this morning. I ran across one issue that has me a little bugged and hopping that someone here might have a easy solution for me.

I installed the manual petals and used them to guide as where i needed to drill the holes. I then took the pedals out and drilled the hole for the master and reinstalled everything. Everything looks great, the master bolts in pretty close to the design in the plastic molding. The problem I am having is when i connect the master cylinder rod to the clutch pedal, when fully extended, the master cylinder does not allow the pedal to come all of the way up. for it to come all of the way up, I need about half an inch more length on the rod. The end result is not having enough throw with the pedal to fully disengage the clutch.

It shouldn't make a difference but the pedals are from a 1995 firebird, the master cylinder is from a 2001 camaro SS and the car being installed into is a 2001 pontiac trans am WS6. If pictures are needed to fully see my problem, feel free to ask and I will get you the pictures you need to give me an idea.

The only ideas I have so far is to have a local fab shop rig me something I can attach to the end of the rod. Another idea I had is to drill a hole on the clutch pedal itself to add a new pin to attach the clutch pedal to which allows it to go all of the way up. I would perfer a more practical idea to solve my issue if anyone has an idea or has came accross this problem when performing a a4 to m6 swap. Is it possible that the pedals themselves are bent or tweaked in a certain direction? Thanks again in advance guys.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM

well for now I just made an extension to bolt onto the master cylinder rod and connected it to the pedal and everything is working great but if anyone has any better ideas of how I could correct this instead of jerry rigging it I am all ears.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

doesn't allow it to come up all the way to where? approximately where does the pedal sit in relation to the brake pedal?