Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Cylinder Install and product review

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tick Master Cylinder Install and product review

Well guys bought a new tick MC from a member on here. Managed to get it in today. High quality unit for sure, very heavy duty and so far i'm really impressed with the quality. I still don't have it fully adjusted, but so far it's doing awesome. I've got a few tips for the install.

Definitely unbolt the brake master and move it off the booster, It will take some muscle, but it's well worth it.

Bench bleed the tick unit, saves tons of time and a lot of cussing.

I did not have all the correct tools for bleeding the clutch the traditional way, so I Drilled a whole in the floorboard. Just be precise because I had to drill twice :[

When bleeding, be sure to tape all sockets and extensions together. Last thing you want to do is have to get them out of the bellhousing.

I was having issues with the bolts lining up and being just a tiny bit off, so i drilled out the holes maybe 1/16" more than what they were. Wish I had done it earlier because it would have saved an hour.

I took out the pedal return spring, and I'm really happy with the pedal feel i have now.

For all those people not getting this thing because they heard it makes the pedal hard as a rock, forget about it. Mine barely feels harder, and after only driving it a few miles I loved it so much more.

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know. The install is still fresh on my mind.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the pedal feel. I setup our Tick/Monster Level 2 and the pedal only feels a little firmer than stock. Its also only roughly 1/2"-3/4" lower than the stock position, but it feels and works GREAT!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah man it is an awesome addition.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Cylinder Install and product review