Well .... No replies here so I did the next best thing..... UNDER-analyzed my over analyzation and looked at the part more closely....
After pushing out my damaged seal I decided to install the backplate first, then the seal to get a better visualization. After installing the backplate I saw that the two tabs molded into the seal race just about touch the crank so to have the rear lip of the seal face inward would crunch it in the gap ( exactly what happened to my seal as there were two little tear holes where the tabs poked through ). The new style seal directions said reverse facing lip or some such so even though I cannot get my head around how this seals I installed it with "this end out" facing the flywheel and the large lip of the seal (inner lip) facing the flywheel also.
No RTV, and no lube on the seal.... And now, no leaks!!
I over thought this entire simple procedure in my concern for info!
Hope this helps someone out there