Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

??? something broke hear me out **(UPDATE Broke output shaft w/pics)**

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ??? something broke hear me out **(UPDATE Broke output shaft w/pics)**

I have a rebuilt tranny that has less then 1000 street miles on it. I was leaving my neighborhood and all of a sudden I went to let the clutch out in first gear and it popped out of gear. I though ok it just popped put of gear. I put it back into gear and it just didn't move. I could put it in any gear and it just would not move. I can put it in gear without the clutch pushed in. I am frustrated with this because I just put a hunk of money into the tranny. Can anyone fill me in as to what could be going on here. I am going to remove the tranny and go from there. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by FasTimeSS; 06-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:10 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Any rattling while idling? A disconnect of movement while in any gear with the clutch applied points to a broken clutch disc.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No rattling at all I was really thinking something with the clutch disk also. I will be yanking out the clutch tomorrow and figure it out.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Update- Looks like I snapped the output shaft clean off of the mainshaft. I will say it was a smooth break. I never would have guess this either. Anybody have a clue how much something like this will cost for me to fix. I will be contacting TDP tomorrow for the fix. Here are the pics of the damage.

Quick Reply: ??? something broke hear me out **(UPDATE Broke output shaft w/pics)**