Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

will ls7 clutch fit my needs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question will ls7 clutch fit my needs?

car makes just over 350rwhp right now. stock clutch. tried spraying it with a 150 dry shot, and the clutch wanted nothing to do with it. im lookint at the ls7 clutch because of the affordability. im looking for 500rwhp spraying and looking at a cam this winter. would expecct to see 400 on motor and 525+ on spray. i do not intend to spray much, and the car may see the track once a month. (also, im on street tires now, but would like to be able to throw DRs on it before another clutch)
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at our Level 2 kit. It is rated at 550 rwhp/tq and is miles above the ls7 in every aspect. http://www.monsterclutches.com/shop/...y-package.html

Thanks man
Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

The LS7 preovides very little in the way of an upgrade over the stock clutch that you already have. It uses an SAC (self-adjusting cover) that can and does misadjust and offers real benefit to handling agressive use or higher output. I have provided a link to our parts for this application below. Take a look and let me know if you have any fruther questions. Thanks

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy/Camaro/2000/Single
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Take a look at our Level 2 kit. It is rated at 550 rwhp/tq and is miles above the ls7 in every aspect. http://www.monsterclutches.com/shop/...y-package.html

Thanks man
i will be giving you all a call tomorrow. Thanks for the input. I was dead set on a stage 3 monster until i saw the price of an ls7 and was told by a few people that it would hold what i'm looking for. thanks again.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

The LS7 will not hold that at all, our two will, the three definitely will hold.

Give us a call.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a ls7 will hold it i have had one in my car for about a year and a half and have over 16k miles it has over 100 launches on slicks at a 5500 pulling the front wheel bout 4in my car has never been dynoed but i should be in the 450rwhp range na and i sprayed a 150 shot out of the hole probably 20 times it does not act any different today then it did when i installed it in my opinion there in no better street clutch i know alot of people do not like the ls7 clutch but these will hold way more then people give them credit for to be honest when it goes i dont know that i wont replace it with another one
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dodson55
a ls7 will hold it i have had one in my car for about a year and a half and have over 16k miles it has over 100 launches on slicks at a 5500 pulling the front wheel bout 4in my car has never been dynoed but i should be in the 450rwhp range na and i sprayed a 150 shot out of the hole probably 20 times it does not act any different today then it did when i installed it in my opinion there in no better street clutch i know alot of people do not like the ls7 clutch but these will hold way more then people give them credit for to be honest when it goes i dont know that i wont replace it with another one
You are an exception, the LS7 is not the be-all/end-all clutch a lot like to make it out to be. A lot of C6 owners have problems with those clutches holding ~480rwhp in a car that is quite a bit lighter than your own. Some will buy in to the hype, you are definitely an exception.

I'd actually wager that you could swap to a Monster and go a bit quicker, everything else being equal. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to donate the clutch - that's how confident I am that the LS7 is and will always be sub par.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

And for the record... I don't know of any LS7 clutches running low 10's/ high 9's. I've got a ton of 3's doing this and a couple of two's running low 10's.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
You are an exception, the LS7 is not the be-all/end-all clutch a lot like to make it out to be. A lot of C6 owners have problems with those clutches holding ~480rwhp in a car that is quite a bit lighter than your own. Some will buy in to the hype, you are definitely an exception.

I'd actually wager that you could swap to a Monster and go a bit quicker, everything else being equal. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to donate the clutch - that's how confident I am that the LS7 is and will always be sub par.
im not ******* you clutch in any way at all but i am very happy with the ls7 clutch i bet before the year is out i will be below 10.5 with it but i have got to pull my trans and replace some blocker rings if you are so confident in your clutch gain et i am willing to give it a try if you are willing to donate it
Old 08-23-2012, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

pm sent ill take you up on your offer lol
Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

im not ******* you clutch in any way at all but i am very happy with the ls7 clutch i bet before the year is out i will be below 10.5 with it but i have got to pull my trans and replace some blocker rings if you are so confident in your clutch gain et i am willing to give it a try if you are willing to donate it
pm sent ill take you up on your offer lol

I'm game.

Let me know when you're ready. I'd like you to take the car to the track and record the weather conditions, etc. I'd like the runs with the Monster to not be handicapped.

I'm also replying to your pm, I don't think you're being a dick nor do I think you're downing my clutches. I just want to let you and everyone else know that our stuff is superior.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Pm replied ls fest I think would be a great place to try it out can do it in same day I'm willing to change clutch at the track no change other then clutch and run it again and see if it gains
Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

^ very interested to see how that pans out. Pretty sure i will be ordering a stage 3 within the next few days
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

How does the Stage 2 feel in regards to the stock for a daily driving machine. Im tired of the self adjusting pos ls6 clutch locking me out at high rpm's but i gota keep it girl friendly since its my wifes toy. At most, my car will see a tad over 400 rwhp NA no adders.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Our Level 2 is very very similar to stock in terms of pedal and driveability. It has a 5% stiffer pedal than stock. Let me know if you want one!

Quick Reply: will ls7 clutch fit my needs?