Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Adjusting tickmaster & break in for monster stg II ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting tickmaster & break in for monster stg II ?

Getting ready to install my tick master and my monster stage 2 clutch. Just wondering about adjusting it ? , also in the instructions for the break in procedure for the clutch it says I have to drive 500 miles of stop and go to get the full advertised power rating from the clutch. That seems like that will take along time. is this necessary ? will I be able to get into the car at all while doing the break in ?
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as adjusting the Tick Master I'd follow their instructions or give them a call if you're having difficulties getting it adjusted being they know their product best. FWIW you want to start low and work your way up as to not over extend the pressure plate, it should end up about even with the brake pedal or not more than an inch higher. Our instructions are included for a reason and breaking in a clutch does require self control/patience, but is worth it. I wouldn't take anyone else's advice as they're not the ones warrantying it Feel free to contact me if you need anything. Chris, 817-750-2000

Quick Reply: Adjusting tickmaster & break in for monster stg II ?