Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Looking for short throw install how-to

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for short throw install how-to

Searched but didn't find a write up or anything. I know it's not that difficult, but I'd still like a guide of some kind. Just ordered an MGW. If not a full how-to, a brief walk through would help enough. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

very very simple my friend. I just installed a mgw last week, car had a pro 5.0 before. basically you just have to take off your center console. 2 10mm bolts on each side by where your legs are, 2 on the inside of your center console and maybe 2 smaller screws where the change holder is. pop your shift **** and boot off. pull the entire console off you have to disconnect the cigarette lighter and power outlet and tcs plug if you have it. the shifter comes right out, its 4 bolts, 12 or 13 mm I believe they are. take old shifter out and scrape any gasket material away that was on there. new shifter comes with new gasket sealer, coat the bottom of shifter sit it on tranny and bolt on and just put your console back on and plug stuff in. very easy!! oh yeah its easiest if you leave the car in NEUTRAL while doing this lol
Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikh338
very very simple my friend. I just installed a mgw last week, car had a pro 5.0 before. basically you just have to take off your center console. 2 10mm bolts on each side by where your legs are, 2 on the inside of your center console and maybe 2 smaller screws where the change holder is. pop your shift **** and boot off. pull the entire console off you have to disconnect the cigarette lighter and power outlet and tcs plug if you have it. the shifter comes right out, its 4 bolts, 12 or 13 mm I believe they are. take old shifter out and scrape any gasket material away that was on there. new shifter comes with new gasket sealer, coat the bottom of shifter sit it on tranny and bolt on and just put your console back on and plug stuff in. very easy!! oh yeah its easiest if you leave the car in NEUTRAL while doing this lol
Awesome thank you!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Np man you will love it

Quick Reply: Looking for short throw install how-to