Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Question about my clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my clutch

okay just a quick two questions about my clutch....so there is no adjustments or anything on 99 z28s for the clutch correct? cause my friend swears there is and I don't believe there is.

and my second question is after I first built my car my clutch was nice and tight pedal was tight and all...the clutch is still good, doesn't slip at all or anything. the pedal just feels a little bit higher then it used to be with only 13k miles on a stage 2 centerforce. and what else id like to know. my pedal has about an inch of play in it until it has some force on it when I go to push the clutch in...why is that? anything I can do about it? thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

There is no adjustment relative to the Master/Slave or clutch itself on the OE parts.
From the sound of your post you are looking to bring the pedal down a bit correct? Keep in mind that the pedal will rise as disc wear occurs and this is completely normal. An adjustable master can be used to adjust pedal position to some degree but engagement will continue to occur higher in the stroke even if you adjust the actual height down.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Okay thank you. Any clue as to why my pedal has about an inch of free movement before it gets right when I start to push the pedal in? That annoys me most
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Air in the system is the most likely cause for excess free-play at the top of the pedal. Either you need to re-bleed or you are seeing some internal bleed-by within one of the cylinders.

Quick Reply: Question about my clutch