Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

is there air in my clutch line?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default is there air in my clutch line?

my clutch master cylinder went out at the end of last season, replaced it and had everything good for the start of this season (march-ish) haven't had any problems that I can recall. last week and again today it locked me out of gear, I keep on playing with it and eventually it will fall back into gear. ive driven probably 2k miles with no issues and now lately its been giving me some problems. the fluid level is right where it should be, fluid is very dirty again which im assuming is natural. I readjusted the adjustable rod last week thinking maybe it moved, but it still locked me out earlier today. only conclusions I can think of is its still not adjusted properly (although if this were the case I would assume my problem would be more consistant) maybe theres still air in the line somewhere (which again I though if this were the problem it wouldn't have taken this long to show) or my clutch is getting ready to shlt the bed..

thoughts?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its very possible. Im going through the same issue right now. I bled and bled and still would it end up getting locked out after driving it. I finally tried sucking the air out with the bleeder vs pumping it; and go a whole lotta air out that way. I still need some adjustments but, pulling the air out seemed to make a huge difference
Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

This works every time. I open the slave release line into a can of brake fluid and use a autozone $5 pump to pump fluid into the master cylinder all the way through the slave and into the can below. Make sure you have the clutch pedal pressed in the whole time. Then seal release and let up on clutch and should have full pressure.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much power are you making and are you on the stock clutch?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

stock clutch yes. as far as power goes idk the numbers I never had it dyno'd. for mods I have a slp air lid, longtube pacesetter headers, slp poweflo exhaust, ported tb, ported maf, short throw shifter and a diablosport predator tuner. car has almost 80k on it. the problem seems to be getting worst and more presistant. I tried taking it out last night I got about a 1/4 mile from home and it locked me out of gear, so I brought it back home. it seems to have more trouble going into reverse than anything else, idk if that's just coincidence or not though. its on jack stands now so im going to start trying to bleed it as soon as one of my buddies will come over and give me a hand
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any better after bleeding?

Quick Reply: is there air in my clutch line?