Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What's Going On Here? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default What's Going On Here? Thoughts?

Just curious what some of you think about what issue(s) may be plaguing my car. It's a 2000 Trans Am with a GM LS6 clutch and flywheel and a parts store brand slave cylinder. The last trip to the dyno resulted in this:

As you can see, at about 5000RPM, the clutch slips instantly like it was put into neutral and the clutch pedal drops to the floor. The torque also hits a ceiling at 430ft-lbs, which I am not even sure if it that has anything to do with the clutch or the fact that I still have an LS1 intake manifold on it.

I had taken out the LS1 and put in a LQ4 based 6.2L with a cam and semi ported heads and this trip to the dyno was to have Pat G work his magic on the tune. Obviously, the appointment was cut short due to the issues with the clutch, so I never got a good run to see what it's making. The LS6 clutch/flywheel/slave were reused from the LS1 as they only had about 10k miles on them and didn't really show signs of wear or issues. They'll be replaced with a SPEC stage 1 clutch, billet flywheel, and a GM '00-'01 slave cylinder in the next week or two, so we'll see if that fixes the problem.

Driving around at lower RPMs, it shifts well and doesn't seem to slip at all. I can do a pretty decent burnout too. There's really nothing abnormal unless I turn it over ~4500RPM, that's when the symptoms appear.

Any ideas?

Quick Reply: What's Going On Here? Thoughts?