Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

ok guys just bought the car, previous owner said master cylinder was going out so he gave me a tick unit, installed today still having the same problem....as i go through the gears when i get to 3rd and get to about 3500rpm sometimes lower sometimes higher all the car will do is seem like it is in neutral and just rev, i have installed the master cylinder and bled the system really good still does the same thing i am thinking its the throw out bearing holding pressure??? idk....previous owner said clutch was a spec stage 2+ that didnt have 4-5k miles on it

car is mostly stock
pacesetter headers and LM1 exhaust and a lid
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Nothing should be under pressure when the clutch pedal is not being pressed. it sounds like the clutch slipping somehow. but if this is happening without you touching the clutch pedal it shouldn't be any of the hydraulics
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 PM

yea thats true i guess didnt think of it like that....bought the car from a kid so he either lied to me and its probably just a stock clutch on its last leg, thanks
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Not a problem. Sorry you've gotta tear into it I know how much that sucks
Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

I have a Spec stage 2 with also less than 4k miles on it. Having a whole ton of issues of my own that I now have to tear out the trans and also figure out whats up in there. Im replacing everything with an LS7 clutch kit, because based on what I've read and been told by more experience people, Spec set ups don't last.

Quick Reply: Help!!!!