Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Suggested T56 Rebuild Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggested T56 Rebuild Kit

Last night on the way home from work, I noticed while in a higher gear and going slower speeds it felt as if the brakes were tapped. The engine wasn't cutting out or anything so I don't believe its engine related. If I was higher in the revs (3k ish) and stepped on it, it wouldn't happen. It would only happen if I was lower in the revs. I tried it in 4th and 5th, didn't try other gears. Its like something is hanging up in the transmission for a second then releasing. Any thought on what it is will be appreciated.

I need to do a tranny rebuild anyway, 3rd gear will pop out when engaging from 2nd if any gas is given while releasing the clutch pedal. You have to have the pedal fully released before you can use the gas, unless you are doing a higher rpm shift (>3k). You can down shift into 3rd fine. 4th gear also scratches when trying to go into it quickly, but rarely happens.

Ive just been living with 3rd and 4th gear problems for a while so with what I'm thinking with this new tranny problem its time for a rebuild. Any suggestions on what a good kit to buy is? I will do the rebuild myself and have the capability. Thanks guys!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO you need to take it apart first to see what it needs. There isn't one, end all - be all kit you can buy that will cure all problems. Having said that, when you figure out what you need I've had great customer service from the gear box.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 11-27-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Suggested T56 Rebuild Kit