Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

where can I get viper input shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I get viper input shaft?

Have a ls1 t56 with broke input shaft. I want to rebuild it myself but I cant find a direct bolt in viper shaft. Everyone says there's machining involved to the pilot surface and there's no one in my area capable of this. Does anyone know where I can find a direct bolt in shaft or know of a place I can send one once I purchase it? Thanks for any help
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Might wanna try contacting TDP or Tick.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

any standard machine shop can cut the input. I can't see why nobody in your area is capable.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ss6speeder
Have a ls1 t56 with broke input shaft. I want to rebuild it myself but I cant find a direct bolt in viper shaft. Everyone says there's machining involved to the pilot surface and there's no one in my area capable of this. Does anyone know where I can find a direct bolt in shaft or know of a place I can send one once I purchase it? Thanks for any help
If you're not wanting to have a local place do the machine work, I think Tick will sell you the modified tail housing and related bushing/seal. Cutting down a stock Viper shaft to the correct length isn't too tricky and you could probably handle that yourself. If not, a local machine shop should be able to cut it down easily if you give them the measurements or take in your original main shaft to match lengths. I think other site sponsors could help you out with this as well.

The prices are way out dated in this old thread but the procedures are still relevant.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-write-up.html

Mike
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info guys. I could probably get it done around here but i dont really trust there work to much. Would be awesome if anybody on the forum could do it vendor wise but tick wouldnt machine the parts for me unless it was going in a rebuild they were doing because they dont do the tail shaft maching themselves is what the email I got back from them said so I guess ill have to keep checking around. Thanks guys
Old 03-08-2014, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cajundragger
any standard machine shop can cut the input. I can't see why nobody in your area is capable.
A lot of machine shops in my area wouldn't do the tail housing boring/machining. Said it wasn't worth their time for such a small job. Same with cutting down the main shaft. I finally found one that can do that kind of work but it wasn't as easy as I had initially thought.

Mike

Quick Reply: where can I get viper input shaft?