Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal issue

I drive a 2002 WS6 Trans Am m6 with a stage 2 clutch (fairly heavy clutch, so there is a lot of pressure on the pedal) and I've been having a problem with the clutch pedal... about a week ago, I pushed the clutch in to shift when I heard something break and the clutch stuck to the floor. I could pull it back up, and push it back down, but there was no pressure. I couldn't find the problem, so I had a friend who is good with these cars look at it. He replaced a small, circular E shaped part (not sure what it's called). After that it ran fine, no problems with the pedal at all, until today. The same thing happened again, I'm assuming the same part broke. This really freaking sucks cause it's currently my dd and I can't drive it if this keeps breaking every damn week. Just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this issue.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 355 Likes on 268 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sounds like the clip that keeps the master cylinders piston rod attached to the pedal. Happens quite a bit when I first got my car running , you can buy those clips at auto zone or any of those stores

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal issue