Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

02 camero ss six speed manual shifting probs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 02 camero ss six speed manual shifting probs

I just bought an 02 camero ss six speed manuel and I am having shifting issues, first my clutch pedal will periodiocly go to the floor and I have to pull it up with my foot,and I have a problem when I shift I push in the pedal but cant get it out of one gear or into another seem to happe more at higher rpm or under more torque
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may be wrong but sounds like tick master cylinder and clutch upgrade time. Was it doing this when u test drove it?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be either a problem with hydraulics or pressure plate. First mod would be drill mod - cheapest and easiest. If that doesn't work, probably need a new clutch setup - I went for Tick Master and still didn't fix my problem, turned out to be the PP.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Im surprised you haven't already been flamed up the *** for this.. but the car (your car that you own) has "Camaro" on it in more than one spot as well as on the title which I'm sure you looked at when you bought the car as well as the owners manual and any other little booklets that may have come with it if yours still had any of that stuff... and it's probably in more places as well... and you still can't spell it right? /Sorry, pet peeve, rant over.

I agree that its most likely a hydraulic problem. It's usually the master cylinder so I'd opt for a Tick MC if you have the money to spend on it. If it doesn't fix it, it's still a good upgrade so it's not a waste of money but in that case then I would say pressure plate also like the guys above said. Try bleeding it real well first before replacing the MC. I hope you get it sorted out so you can enjoy your new purchase.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Im surprised you haven't already been flamed up the *** for this.. but the car (your car that you own) has "Camaro" on it in more than one spot as well as on the title which I'm sure you looked at when you bought the car as well as the owners manual and any other little booklets that may have come with it if yours still had any of that stuff... and it's probably in more places as well... and you still can't spell it right? /Sorry, pet peeve, rant over."

LOL!!! That freaking spell checker strikes again...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Im surprised you haven't already been flamed up the *** for this.. but the car (your car that you own) has "Camaro" on it in more than one spot as well as on the title which I'm sure you looked at when you bought the car as well as the owners manual and any other little booklets that may have come with it if yours still had any of that stuff... and it's probably in more places as well... and you still can't spell it right? /Sorry, pet peeve, rant over.

I agree that its most likely a hydraulic problem. It's usually the master cylinder so I'd opt for a Tick MC if you have the money to spend on it. If it doesn't fix it, it's still a good upgrade so it's not a waste of money but in that case then I would say pressure plate also like the guys above said. Try bleeding it real well first before replacing the MC. I hope you get it sorted out so you can enjoy your new purchase.
I agree start with flushing the fluid and bleeding it as I'm sure the reservoir is black and just sucking it out is a half *** way of diluting it. If that doesn't change things then I'd look into a new clutch that can take more of a beating and hold the power as well as installing a remote bleeder to make maintaining the fluid easier with the design of the slave being inside of the bell housing as clutch dust gets past the seal contaminating the fluid. Hope that helps, don't hesitate if you have any questions about a Monster. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

I'm gonna agree with these guys, bleed your hydraulics with fresh fluid, use a mityvac to pull air from the reservoir once you have new fluid in there. Just be sure not to run the system dry/catch any air when you're bleeding. It's a small reservoir, so you won't have much room to play with when bleeding it. That would be the first thing I'd do. Cheapest thing to do and quickest, too. Let us know how it works out for ya.

Quick Reply: 02 camero ss six speed manual shifting probs