Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

fix for dead pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for all of you out in TV land with dead pedals or notchy transmissions. I just want to let you know doing the drill mod helps considerably. For those who are scratching your head going drill what? Huh? I'll explain. You remove a factory restriction with in the line that goes from your master to slave cylinder. The theory is you'll expedite movement of fluid from the master to the slave and slave to master.

Theblueknight has a really informative how to video on it that helped me a lot.

How to Master Cylinder Install and Drill Mod (LS1…:

Pair that with a thorough gravity bleed and my clutch and tranny went from tractor like notchy to a hondaish buttery snick snick snick. One thing that I would add to theblueknights how to is to just toss the u bolt that holds the master cylinder in and buy some regular bolts. Trying to get that u bolt in was by far the most time consuming portion of this mod.

Being that I flushed and bled the master at the same time I did the drill mod its hard for me to establish the efficacy of the drill mod alone. IMO it works. I definitely noticed the clutch biting harder when I would let out the pedal. So if you dump the clutch there will be more drive line shock.

Last edited by giddysauce; 04-22-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: fix for dead pedal