Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Flushing clutch fluid

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Flushing clutch fluid

So I want to flush out the old clutch fluid on my 02 Z28 and just want some input on doing the job. The car has 16k miles and is essentially all stock - GM master cylinder, GM slave and original clutch. I've had zero problems with the clutch and am doing this strictly as a maintenance item to keep clean fluid in there. My plan is to suck out the reservoir and replace with fresh fluid and then use a mity vac on the bleeder screw to draw the fresh fluid through. I've searched on here and read a lot of clutch bleeding horror stories and just wanna make sure I'm not opening up a can of worms. I know the fluid degrades quickly so I would like to do this.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't believe it's as bad as some make it out to be. I simply get the car up on jack stands and bleed from the screw on the slave while I have a friend (or my wife) pump the clutch at watch the reservoir. Takes only minutes.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I'm a pretty big guy and getting under the car is tough for me so I'm gonna drill a hole on the inside if the car to access the bleed valve. Mine isn't a daily though

Quick Reply: Flushing clutch fluid