Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new engine- new clutch problems..help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine- new clutch problems..help!!!

i swapped my ls1 to a l76 (ls2). my clutch and trans all worked fine before the swap. after the swap I could no longer shift at wot. components are as followed:

08' l76 engine
01' t56 6 speed
ls2 flywheel
ls7 clutch
new ls1 slave
new wilwood 7/8 master cylinder
ive tried with and without a 1/8" shim

even after the swap, I could do wot pulls no problem, i would just have to let the rpm's drop before i could shift. now the clutch just slips like crazy after i replaced the slave and master

cant **** at high rpm, pedal just doesnt feel right, when the clutch is fully depressed it still feels like it is engaged...ive tried adjusting it pretty much in every position it can be. i installed a 1/8 shim thinking it might fix it...apparently the ls1 slave is shorter then the ls2,7...and now it just slips like crazy....about to buy a new clutch...any suggestions before i do as to what could be causing this?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Did you do the new master cylinder at the same time as new motor? Maybe just needs more bleeding? I bled the **** out of mine, and then bled it more just in case. Is the master adjustable? If it is, lengthen the turnbuckle some?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you might need to install a shim kit like the one from tick. Did you measure everything before you shimmed the slave?

Quick Reply: new engine- new clutch problems..help!!!