Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bolt-on cam/gear no2... top of 3rd it pulles its self out of gear... scary!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bolt-on cam/gear no2... top of 3rd it pulles its self out of gear... scary!

Went to a cruise over the weekend an ran into a lambo Gallardo that wanted to race so i purged the no2 an we went from a 20 roll an started off realy good had a car jump on him before he started to realing me in an i was almost at the top of 3rd (around 5800 to 6k rpm) when then bang it slips out of 3rd an the stick pushes my hand back into neutral. the car goes crazy in the rpm's i look at my tac an its coming down from 7500 rpm's... the car limter is set for 6600... ppls worse nightmare with a 6 speed an nitous, missing a gear or over reving it.. after i went though all the gear with out nitrous an doesnt seam like nothng got hurt or broke.. the car has a ls7 clutch witch i no they are only good up to like 450~ 500 hp an im right at the limit with the no2 but i thought it would just slip not through its self out of gear... other mods are full bolt on, cam, geared an only a 125 shot of no2, mustang dyno at 396 with out the no2.. is this somthing going bad or the clutch or t56 going bad??

Quick Reply: bolt-on cam/gear no2... top of 3rd it pulles its self out of gear... scary!