Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??

I am really scratching my head here. I will be the first to admit that I suck with cars and have little patience for figuring automotive related things out especially when i am contorted under an F body dash….

anway.. i have a mcleod master cyl, i am trying to adjust the clutch pedal, there is a jam nut at the top where it connects to the pedal and a rod end at the bottom. The nut at the top will go in either direction a few spins and the rod end at the bottom just turns without any noticeable difference…. what am i missing?????

Old 08-17-2014, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Mine is for a LT1 but assume it looks like/similar to the pic of mine.

The bottom of the rod just "slides" on the MC short rod and the top "eye" part is what you turn/adjust to length and then use the jam nut to tighten in place.

sounds like the bottom part where it slides over the Wilwood piston part is lose. You can use red loc tite (let it dry) or even just wrap tape around it to keep that part from spinning

the rod is really not going anywhere once MC is installed so it doesn't take much to keep the 2 lower parts together.
Attached Thumbnails How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??-mcleod-mc-1.jpg   How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??-mcleod-.81-mc-rod-2.jpg   How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??-mcleod-mc-.81-rod-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: How do I adjust the McLeod/Wilwood clutch master cyl??