Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch questions 00 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch questions 00 camaro

I need to change my clutch on my 00 camaro but I have a few questions on what clutch to go with. Im thinking about the diamond or the monster clutch both stage 2. I need to know if i should buy the kits or just the flywheels cause some clutches dont work with the stock flywheel ive read on the forum that the diamond stage 2 does work but what about the monster? I plan on driving it on the street as well as on the track sometimes.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

monster will not sell you a clutch without a flywheel. any price you see on their kits is for the complete package deal. I personally wouldnt use a stock flywheel with a high performance clutch. go billet with the aftermarket clutch or chromoly or even aluminum.....

cant go wrong with either clutch. the diamond will come with a 15lb chromoly fly if you get it from jason and opt for the flywheel and the monster will come with a 28lb and 18 as an option... get the 18 for the extra 50 bucks
Old 09-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
monster will not sell you a clutch without a flywheel. any price you see on their kits is for the complete package deal. I personally wouldnt use a stock flywheel with a high performance clutch. go billet with the aftermarket clutch or chromoly or even aluminum.....

cant go wrong with either clutch. the diamond will come with a 15lb chromoly fly if you get it from jason and opt for the flywheel and the monster will come with a 28lb and 18 as an option... get the 18 for the extra 50 bucks
if I go with monster do you prefer the 11 inch or 12 inch clutch? and which one do you think has the better flywheel and clutch the monster or the diamond? Ive read alot on both clutches and both got good reviews just wondering which one would be better for me and my application
Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not recommend an 11" unit. Give us a call, and we will set you up with the right clutch kit.

Quick Reply: clutch questions 00 camaro