Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sudden, random loss of clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sudden, random loss of clutch pressure

A few times now in the last few days I've been driving down the road and suddenly the pedal will go straight to the floor with no pressure. After it happens, enough pressure comes back to keep the car moving, but the engagement point is right off the floor.

I checked the fluid last night and it was a little low and really dirty, so I cleaned it out and put fresh fluid in the reservoir then didn't drive it again. This morning I started the car and as soon as I tried to move it and release the pedal, it would stall. Did this 2-3 times, so I let it sit and idle while pumping the pedal and 10 minutes later I was able to drive the car 10 miles or so and it drove completely fine.

I haven't had a chance to get underneath it yet to check for any leaks, but is it possible it was just so low that the fresh fluid needed to get worked through the system and that's why the car ran and shifted fine after letting it idle for a while? I can't see how it could be anything other than a hydraulic issue.

Tick master, about a year old at most. LS7 clutch.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try bleeding it and flushing all the old **** out. also look for any leaks around the master, my tick started leaking after a few years but thats a warranty thing

Quick Reply: Sudden, random loss of clutch pressure