Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Recent issue, I'm guessing this is clutch related, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recent issue, I'm guessing this is clutch related, please help!

Need advice on a recent issue. I'm assuming this is clutch related. So here's the deal, 2000 SS M6 130k, 228R cam, bolt -ons, stock clutch replaced at 90k, original 10 bolt, original T56 - Yesterday, getting on the highway I accelerated and it didn't seem to catch as solid as normal but it wasn't terrible. Cruising at 50 (traffic) after about 10 min. start to accelerate and get nothing or low power. After I get off on the next exit for my home, clutch pedal feels lower than normal, I hear what sounds like a sanding sound (i suppose you can call it grinding but it sounds more like a belt sander on wood). Very very low power but it can get up to about 30 mph. This is in all gears. As I pull in my complex and turn back and forth I can hear loose metal or bolts in something towards the front end. If I hit the gas pedal the engine revs but my tach shows no increase and the sanding sound gets louder/faster.
I didn't have a whole lot of time to look at it last night but the sound is there when the clutch is out and in neutral, makes the sound when i press the clutch down, and even more when i'm "in gear". I lifted the rear to roll the tires back and forth and heard nothing from the 10 bolt. Engine sounds good up front.
Is this a clutch component that has gone out? I need to figure this out soon. Any and all help is appreciated. I can make a video later. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone suggested this could be a pilot bushing? Does any of that sound right?

Quick Reply: Recent issue, I'm guessing this is clutch related, please help!