Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Thoughts on this problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Default Thoughts on this problem

On my sons 01 Z28 we installed a new Monster Clutch kit, Tick MC w/ new slave and speed bleeder hose. It was great for about 3 weeks then got air in the system. As I bled it a huge air bubble blew out right away.

Now was good for about 4 more days. I went to pull it into the garage the other day and it was bad again. I bled it again and the same thing.

No leaks anywhere, just a little oil from the rear of the pan (typical oil leak).

I've never heard of a Tick MC going bad, but it's the only place air can get in a system and not leak out.

Anyone have this issue?

Oh, and the line is routed far away from header and is street driven so no boiling issues.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're getting air in the system over time there is a leak in the hydraulic system.

Are you sure what you're seeing is an oil leak?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Yes I'm sure. Even though every gasket on the engine has been replaced. I did notice the leak prior to the clutch install. I also know it's the rear of the oil pan since when I was changing the flywheel, the rear seal and cover plate wasn't leaking.

It was fine for 3 weeks, now it's happening every 5 days or so. Which makes me think the MC. Getting a small leak of air in it and building up at the end of the speedbleeder line. But possibly somewhere else. But no leaks. I even checked inside the bellhousing through the inspection holes. It's dry. So the slave is sealed.

I have never heard of a Tick MC going bad, especially a new one, so this makes me wonder. So far this car has had more issues with stuff I've gotten for it. Control arms, sway bars, etc etc.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this problem