Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

level 2 8.5 monster clutch just started slipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default level 2 8.5 monster clutch just started slipping

ive had this clutch on my car for the last 3 years, its held up great and had zero issues and ive had it in and out of the car maybe 4-5 times, well as of this winter i tore the car down and had the clutch sent out to monster to get it check up and new friction material, i got it back and installed it like i have the other times, did the break in and then went to tuning new engine set up, it worked fine, held through all gears at full boost and everything, this was all done about 4-5 months ago. well as of last week i was coming onto the highway and accelerated in 4th and as i hit boost it just chattered/shuttered and slipped, with being cautious i played around with it in 3rd 4th and 5th and it does it now in any of those gears as soon as boost comes on, ive never had any issues with it before and this is all basically new clutch, its rated at 1000rwhp and im only running a stock lq4 with studs and cam on 14psi, so i shouldn't be anywhere near 1krwhp mark imo, thinkin 600rwhp but never dynoed

ive read how people said check TOB clearance and all and more research i did tick, SNL etc say these clutches are good to go and shouldnt need any shimming ever

heres link https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...hes-shims.html

so any help or what to hunt down would greatly be appreciated!

Quick Reply: level 2 8.5 monster clutch just started slipping