Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just did drill mod/having trouble bleeding it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just did drill mod/having trouble bleeding it.

I have the updated master/slave and took the master back out to drill it. I read all the info on here and thr installuniversity write pu also. I gravity blead it by opening the valve on the end of the line, the slave end. And kept pooring the fluid in the open resivor until I saw clean fluid and a steady stream. But I did'nt pump the peddle at all.
Then I conected the line to the slave. I did'nt crack the bleeder loose first. It went right on.
There is no presure at all. So I tried to bleed it at the slave by opening the valve then pressing the peddle and closing it before the bottom of the stroke.
Did this several times and no presure still.
Am I bleeding it wrong??? Should I press and hold it to the floor then crack it loose?
And alot of fluid is in the bottom of the bell housing, I have the front of the car jacked up. Will this cause another problem??
Should I jack the back up and drain it out the little slot in the bottom of the bell housing???
The drill bit did not go that far into the line but it did go through the metal plate inside of there and then stopped is that normal.

Please help, The car was driving fine but failed a bit at the track on the 1-2 shifts.
I have read all the current threads on here.
Thanks in advanced. Jeremy.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

I bled it again today and it feels better but not great.
Here's something I just posted on another thread.
Mine is about 2-3"s off the floor and I used a shim. Before with the spec, it was mid way or so and felt firm. Now it is mushy, so I bled it and still mushy. So I took the 01-02 master out and drilled it. Put it back in and still mushy/low release also. I think it needs bled more but it does drive ok. I have'nt put it under real stress like at the track. But before I drilled it, I took it to the track and the 1st run was very easy, 2nd run I launched hard and it stuck down going into 2nd. So I bled it again and took another run. I short shifted into 2nd just in case and it did ok. And on the 3rd run the 10 bolt broke it the water box, I was'nt in the water real well and it wheel hopped.

So now I'm thinking about taking it to a tranny shop and have them bleed it.
Maybe I need a new master I dunno but this one is only 2 years old and maybe 5K miles on it.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:53 PM
wrencher

Do a search here on the mighty vac. Those things with save you alot of grief, you need one.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

I know. I've heard alot about them. I read all the how-to's.

Quick Reply: Just did drill mod/having trouble bleeding it.