Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

PLEASE HELP! more install problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP! more install problems

trannys been out twice, once for mcleod single disc install, once for ram shim install

masters been out twice, once for ram install and once for mcleod install

ive bled it every way i can think of bleeding it, mighty vac, vacuum pump, reverse hand pump, and gravity bleed.

car wont let clutch disengage for anything. i talked to mcleod and they said that it would fix it if i used their master, it didnt. as matter of fact i think its worse. pedal sticks to floor if i try and pump it with car off. with car running it comes back up but the tops inch or 2 is dead, spring only. ive assisted installingthis exact set up minus the shim 3 times and each time it worked perfectly and required no shim. this one wont even disengage with the shim. is maybe the pressure plate bad? i really need help on this one. ive been down for a month and its my daily driver.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the clutch stiff with it disconnected from the slave? by stiff I mean impossible to depress.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike44138
Is the clutch stiff with it disconnected from the slave? by stiff I mean impossible to depress.
if u mean with the quick disconnect off i dont know i didnt push it when it was off. ive only pressed it with it connected. i tried to push on the rod b4 i put it in and it was hard as hell to push in.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try to press the pedal with slave disconnect(don't press hard)
if the master to line got any air in it or master is bad, you can press the pedal down. if the pedal is impossible to press, from master to quick disconnect is good.
if you going to pull tranny out again, goahead try to bleed the slave. with slave connect to the line. have bleeder point up. loose the screw all the way out until all the air is out. tight screw back in and you know there is no air in the system for sure.
have someone press down pedal just a little to see if slave is moving(i did it with me holding the slave as tight as i can and have my friend press down the padel til islave try to push out and i can't hold it anymore!!!do not go all the way otherwise you will blow up the slave). just to see if there is any fluid bypass the seal inside of slave. if it dose leaking inside of slave, there will not be enough pressure to push the pressure plate
if slave also works, there is more than likely problem with pressure plate.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! more install problems