Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mcleod master adjusting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mcleod master adjusting?

can someone please explain how they adjusted their master. how far of pedal travel before engagment. little explanation of how to adjust. thanks. just want to confirm.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
can someone please explain how they adjusted their master. how far of pedal travel before engagment. little explanation of how to adjust. thanks. just want to confirm.
according to mcleod the only adjustment u should need is to get it to stock pedal height, the clutch should do the rest and engage about half way up travel. i myself cant get mine to engage any higher than the floor. and thats when it will disengage to get into gear.......
Old 08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always adjust mine to the freeplay's feel. I get it to about 1/8 1/4 inch freeplay in the pedal b-4 the master is compressing fluid. That always gives me the best feel & release point.
You can move the release point slightly but risk over or under-adjusting it. It is a slim window of adjustment there.
If you want to lower the engagment point take freeplay out of the pushrod. If you want to raise the release point you need to put freeplay into the pushrod.