Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Skip shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skip shift

So I bought the !cags skip shift eliminator from someone on this board, but not until recently I noticed that it may be the wrong kind.

There isnt a "male" and "female" end, but 2 female ends. the one with the blue end is open, and the other end is filled with some kind of ****. It kind of makes me look like one end was meant to be plugged in, and the other end would just hang and not plug into the trasmission.

What's the deal?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah mine was like that too. If it's the same as mine it does only plug in one side the other side is plugged off. The open side plugs into the harness going to the sensor. Zip tie the plugged end up and out of the way. Then use electrical tape or something like that to protect the short harness coming from the sensor itself and you should be all done. Also your skip shift light in the dash will still come on but you will not have to skip shift. What I did was as soon as I got mine done I took it for a ride. I made sure to shift the first couple times with the shift light on. No troubles.