Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stuck on the LS6 conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on the LS6 conversion...

I'm working on my '99 Z28 M6. I have the new Z06 clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate on and the bellhousing bolted back up. Well it was actually my friends that did that part and they kind of left me hanging when they just gave up on the project. So now in between school work and my job I'm having to finish up on my car. I have absolutely no experience as a mechanic so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Basically, this is where I'm stuck at. They took apart my new Corvette slave cylinder because apparently the line coming from it wouldn't fit in my transmission because of the bent line. They told me to take the pins out of the new and old slave cylinders (so I did) and now this is where I don't know what to do. I know I have to hook the new slave cylinder with the old line connector (I dunno if that's the real name for it) but I just don't really know how. There is this little black rubber washer, do I need to put that inside the little hole then hook up the line connector and push the pin in? I tried that and I couldn't even force the line connector in all the way, but I could without the washer in there.

Then after that, how do I hook up the line connector to line itself? When we were taking out the slave cylinder we had to push this little white band inside the connector...do I need to get another white band to hook it up?

This might seem like a lot of drivel but this is the best way I can explain it right now...
Old 09-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Teching In

I really need to get this done as soon as possible...is there anyone here that can help me?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you bit off more than you can gulp. Don't know about arubber washer unless you ar talking about an "o" ring. The problem seems that you are converting a CSC that did not come with the car. Once the connector is swapped, you should be able to just snap the two lines together.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Yea, o-ring, that's what I meant

But how do I put the o-ring in there so that the line fits into the slave? There isn't enough clearance to get the pin in there with the o-ring in.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem except I had a f-bod slave for my Z06 (same except for fittings). I had a shop do it. seems the o-ring should go below or above where the pin goes. Is there a recess or spot on old one that might give insight? Someone will answer for sure soon.
Robert
Old 09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a groove on the female connector for the o ring. If the donner parts had a larger o ring, that may be your problem.