Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulics upgrade checklist.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hydraulics upgrade checklist.

I'm about to upgrade my hydraulics on my 2000 ws-6 and wanted to know if I have all the correct part number and items?
Master: #12570277
Slave: #15046288
Pilot bearing #14061685

I'm thinking of purchasing a spec 3 clutch with a steel fly wheel or a Trextralia clutch any one have any input on either clutch? If I forgot any parts please feel free to let me know, I want to get this right the first time.One other thing does anyone know where I could get all these items and won't cost me an arm/leg. I tried gmpartsdirect and their shipping is pretty high...

Thanks Andy
Old 10-11-2005, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you purchase a Textralia it comes with a flywheel,slave and pilot, I purchased mine from A & A Corvette http://www.aacorvette.com/ - they have fast shipping. The customer support from Textralia is top notch.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pasbonsimon, does your Textralia feel like your stock clutch?? I've been getting a lot of mix reviews about all these clutches.. I've read that the Luk gold clutch is a good clutch that can hold upto 550 ft/lbs.. I hate this why can't I just get a straight answer from every one .. Can anyone else chime in on this?????
Old 10-11-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have only read one post about a problem with the Texralia. Needless to say it wasnt their fault, rather the installers. They replaced it none the less.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

the pedal pressure is slightly more stiff than stock. I only have 600 miles on the Textralia and up to this point it has been wonderful. Very slight occasional chatter, I can get rolling most of the time without chatter. I need to bleed my slave before I drive it again- but thats a different issue. I had some questions about Textralia, Pete called me at midnight(his time) from Australia, on his nickel. Very impressed with the tech support.

Quick Reply: Hydraulics upgrade checklist.