Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone with a MBA shift knob.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anyone with a MBA shift ****.....

Been looking at them and have a couple of ?'s. Are they slick, do they effect your shifting at all? Do they get unbearably hot in the summer (I live in texas)?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're pretty cool for the appearance factor, especially if you get the "SS" ****. If you get the one without the tail, it does shorten the length of the shifter stick, this could be bad if you already have a short stick on it (stick will sit really low) or work to your advatage if you have the stock shifter and want a shorter throw. It is also a larger diameter than the stock hurst ****, so you'll have to get used to it. It does get very hot if you leave it in direct sunlight (black ****), too hot to touch sometimes. One final thing, it does get slippery after driving around for a while with the sweat/oil from your palm, so you might have to wear some type of gloves for track use so your hand won't slip off the **** going for that 2-3 shift. These are just my observations from having mine for a while. I still have my stock hurst ****, so I can just swap them out whenever I get bored of one.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

I have one. It's black with the engraved bird. I don't really use it anymore. The hurst **** is better for racing imo. Also, it gets reallly hot in the summer and you basically have to wait 10 min for your **** to cool down.

cliff notes: it's nice for show or just driving around, but if you don't have a racing glove like Krab said, i'd stick with a hurst ****.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

have one black with bird on it you can have for 20.
hot in summer on the south, like hurst better
Old 10-23-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alright guys thats what I needed to hear. That sucks cause they look really good. Ohh and pontiac thanks for the offer but I drive an SS so it might look a little weird.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a MBA shift knob.....