Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Poly Mount Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Poly Mount Installed

Well I dont get the banging anymore when shifting during a spirited run..... however I do get the vibration blues at higher speeds.

I shaved the bumps with a bench grinder, and I installed minus spacer plate.

How long does it take this thing to break in? The vibrations are not bad till you hit 90 or so. Also I noticed when dipping into the throttle around a turn it seems like Im getting wheel hop on the inside wheel. Hopefully that will go away with the break-in or I am going for a moog tranny mount.

Other than those complaints it feels great.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

i think im gonna go with the poly as well, im having the same problems. Where did you order from?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

I tried both the ES and the Prothane poly rans mounts. Both gives some undesirable vibrations, that will lessen some after a few thousand miles. With the ES, I ground the nubs off and that helped a lot, but still some vibes especially when the weather gets cold.
I tried going back to the stock tranny mount, and I just can't stand the way it lets the tranny move and bounce all over the place now.
It sure would be great if someone made a mount with a stiffness somewhere in between the stock and the ES.
Wonder how the moog is, and where can you order one ?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

installed the poly tranny mount on my car the other day... car is much tighter feeling and a bit rough but i like I recommend this to anyone that plans on racing a lot thats having banging problems under the car. The stock mount wasnt broke this time but it WAS squishy and soft. No problems now!