Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce II not disengaging fast enough

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Centerforce II not disengaging fast enough

I own a 99ws6 with a few mods, I recently replaced the stock clutch due to the fact that the input shaft bearing went out. I put a centerforce II clutch and pressure plate in seems to hold the power pretty good even on my drag radials, works great for daily driving to. Here is my problem when I am at the local track or even on the street the clutch acts like it wont disengage fast enough for me to get 2nd and 3rd gear within in a timely manner. Now I have done a little research on the design of the clutch, apparently the wieghts on the pressure plate move out, making the pressure plate grip harder as engine RPMs go up, That is where my problem is anything 5000RPM+ I have trouble shifting. Just wodering if there is anything I can do besides replace the clutch with something else. Are there after market slave cylinders out there that would work for this application if so who makes them and where can a buy one? Also I didn't perform the drill mod, will that help? Thanks for your help, theres nothing worse than missing a gear at the track, or the horrible sound of syncros grinding. I would like to fix this before I manage to destroy my T56.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drill mod might help