Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Poly Tranny Mount Torque Specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Poly Tranny Mount Torque Specs

I'm in the middle of istalling a Energy Suspension Tranny Mount. I understand the recommended torque for the center bolt is 77 lb-ft and 44 lb-ft for the mounting bar. Has anyone experimented with different torque settings to minimize interior noise??

Also, on the center bolt I'm using one washer and one locking washer at the head of the bolt. Is this correct??

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

That's how I used the washers on mine, one regular washer and one locking. I didn't use a torque wrench though, I just tightened them by hand.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know if I'd mess with the torque setting on the tranny mount. I'm an A4, but same mount and same torque specs. IMO, with a looser trans mount, more vibration will be transferred to the cab since the mount would be absorbing less and vibrating more.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Thanks!

I've done a little more reading. I wonder if the poly mounts bring out issues that already exist. One person mentioned that vibration was eliminated by adjusting his transmission to the right. Another got rid of it with a new flywheel....a third by rotating the driveshaft 180 deg. and remounting it.

I haven't road tested my car yet, so I can't say how I'll do. I'm waiting for a part so I can finish installing a new front swaybar.

Quick Reply: Poly Tranny Mount Torque Specs