Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission advice

I'm looking for advice on a transmission for my car. I'm looking to twin turbo an LS1 and push out over 1000HP at the the crank, would love to see 1000 HP at the wheels but I would like to keep the a manual and was wondering what parts i would need and if anyone sells a fully built ready to drop in transmission that can handle the power and stay together for a long time.

On the other hand I could go automatic and the same information would be required, but i would love to keep it as a manual transmission. Hoping for a 6-speed, but 5-speed works as well.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Probably the best advice would be to visit Lingenfelters site and see what they use for their twin turbo vettes. It's gonna cost ya, that is for sure. But that is a serious amount of torque that is going to be sent through that drivetrain. You should consider a beefed up 12 bolt rear as well if you haven't already.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Was looking into if a 4-link suspension set up is possible, was also considering a 9inch with a detroit locker. First i'd like to get engine and trans ready, rear axles and so on isn't much a big deal as i can find those on my own good enough. Thanks for the info.