Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need T56 help-bleedin clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need T56 help-bleedin clutch

I was going to try and bleed the clutch on my T56 as I dont think the dealer did it all of the way when they replaced my tranny and plus I want to change out the fluid.

I jacked the car up and crawl under it find the line and follow it into the side of the tranny bell housing.

Where in the hek is the dang bleeder valve and how in the heck do you get to it? It looks like I willl have to drop the tranny in order to bleed the damn clutch.

Is this right or am I missing something. Can one of the LS1/T56 gurus please step up and help me out. I am trying to get this done before the this weekend so I can drive the car again next week.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

u can only bleed it when the trans isnt connected to the motor
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM
On the tree

anyone else have any advice, one of our local speed shops that only does ls1 stuff said there is a bleeder in there and that it can be reached thru a hole above the one where the line enters the trany.

Has anyone on here actually crawled under their car and done thins and know what I should be looking for?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a bleeder valve located just above the feed line on the bell. No you do not have to pull the trans to access it ( have you even looked under your car bad6?)
Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 AM
On the tree

I hate to say this have you ever crawled under and looked at a LS1/T56 combe, they are completely differnt than the LT1/T56 combo, the tranny is completely different between the two.

There is no slave cylinder of any type of bleeder valve on the side of the tranny or bellhousing. I have followed the line from where it enters the side of the bellhousing all the way up to the top where it goes to the pedal and there is no bleeder valve anywhere on it.

Once again, has anyone on here actually gone under a LS1/T56 car and bleed thier clutch?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, I have my LS1, T56 sitting on the ground under my car right now. You can't see the opening, but its there. Find the braided line coming from the master, and run your hand up on the tranny case about 3-4 inches. You'll find an opening, its inside that opening that the bleeder valve is located, once again, can't see it, you'll need a small drive socket and a breaker bar. If that doesn't exist on your car, you've got bigger issues than bleeding your clutch.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 AM
On the tree

So people just bleed them and let the fluid run into the bell housing. I really think GM needs to find a different engineer to design this tuff, at least make a access panel to make it somewhat easier to do the simple stuff.

K.I.S.S.!!!!!