Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Flywheel bolts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flywheel bolts

This may seem like an odd question but i recently just purchased a LS1 dropout. It originally had an auto trans on it. I took the flexplate and torque converter off so I could put on my flywheel that I just had resurfaced and a Spec stage 2 clutch. Does anyone know if the auto tranny flex plate bolts will work in conjunction with the manual flywheel? I know some manufacturers makes seperate bolts for auto and manual trannies. I just don't want to have my flywheel shoot off or something stupid because I had the wrong bolts in. Of course thread locker will be used if they happen to be okay.

Also will it be okay if I use off the shelf bolts for the pressure plate? When I bought the setup the trans was seperated from the engine. I am thinking of going out and buying grade 8 bolts. Thanks in adavance everyone!
-Alex
Old 12-15-2005, 08:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Don't use the A4 flexplate bolts. They are shorter than the M6 bolts. The M6 FW is a lot thicker and uses different bolts. I would recommend the ARP bolts.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Steve exactly what I needed to know. Have any clue about the PP bolts? Dimensions?
-Alex

Quick Reply: Flywheel bolts