Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Need Help!!!

hey guys just as the title says i need help.... i ordered a fidanza aluminum flywheel and a ram powergrip clutch for my setup in my signature..... the company sent the right flywheel but sent me the powergrip hd instead of the regular powergrip! im not sure if the hd will work with the fidanza so i need some insight to if its a good setup or not...... in the end im either going to ship back the flywheel or clutch for what will work well. is the fidanza a good setup with the regular powergrip??? does the regular powergrip drive well on the street ??? the car is a daily driver with 2 trips to the dragstrip a month. also does the hd chatter too much for stock gears??? i dont want to get frustrated with the setup..... if the hd is good for my setup wut flywheel would be good with it??? would the fidanza work ??? please comment thanks in advance!

p.s. on a clutch swap is there anything else i should change???? the car has ~59k miles
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone have any input??? i think im going to send back the HD for the regular and keep the fidanza wut do you think??? will that setup be good??? thanks
Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Launching!

i think you should keep the hd, it will hold more power, i dont see why it wouldnt work with a brand new flywheel
Old 12-31-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think i might send back the fidanza and use the stocker as im going more for dragracing than autoX.....im mostly just worried about chatter as this is my daily driver i dont want to get frustrated with take offs??? any input on how much the power grip hd chatters in normal driving??? thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 06:19 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Couldnt chatter more than a Spec clutch i wouldnt think. The HD would most likely have less street manners than the straight up powergrip.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would the hd be ok with stock gearing( 3.42'S)??? thhanks

Quick Reply: I Need Help!!!