Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!! Got my 01 Z06 and it's sticking in gear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help!! Got my 01 Z06 and it's sticking in gear!!!

Alright, so I'm taking a buddy out for a test drive, get on it a bit, not powershifting, not doing anything tricky, just driving it fast but conservative. All of a sudden after im done "driving fast" I slow down and just cruise in 3rd, try to pull it out of gear.... wont come out... finally after trying a bunch it gave up and came out. So now--- on the way home, I put it into 4th, everything is fine, try to pull it out---STUCK AGAIN!, this time I had to pull over, park the car and turn it off, and pump the clutch a bunch and finally it comes back out.... So anyways, what I need to know is --- What should I check first? I live in an Apartment in Laguna Niguel, I have no Rhino Ramps, the car is lowered on the stock bolts, so NOTHING can fit under it... I have no tools.... *sigh*. Anyone in the area or on the forums have some helpful advice???

Thanks.
-Garrett
Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a common problem . Did you search for stuck in 3rd / 4th?There is not a simple fix. You nead a teardown and at least a new( iron replacement) 3/4 shift fork.