Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Looking for opinions on Ram Powergrip HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for opinions on Ram Powergrip HD

Just wondering who is running one of these.What kinda power there holding as i will be around 500 on spray.What flywheel and any other info and personal expierience would be great
BTLFEDSS
Old 01-14-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

i like mine. its stiffer than the stocker, but it grabs hard. Im at or over 400 to the wheels and will also be spraying soon. I matched it with the ram billet flywheel. I got both for 650 shipped from TSP. There is some chatter now, but not too much and its either off or on, you cant really slip it. Its way better than my spec III i had in before it. Not a bad setup in my opinion. My Ram adjustable master cylinder will be going in soon also.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just installed the HD with the stock fly wheel cut and did the "make your own adjustable master" and the drill mod and as said, it wants to grab more then slide in. It really isnt a issue knowing it will hold unlike the stocker. I am very pleased with it also. I have almost 400 hp at the wheels.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'm using the regular RAM Powergrip... i made some problems for myself dumping it at 6k once but other than that, it's been top knotch... grabs well and drives very smoothly... price is right too - I have basically anything to do with clutch hydraulics from RAM, drill mod, and RAM Billett Steel Flywheel in there.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

hey guys, i have a thread in this forum about clunking and what not...would you all mind taking a look at it and let me know if your having similar issues??