Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Royal purple ATF Trans fuild for t-56? good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Royal purple ATF Trans fuild for t-56? good or bad

Okay heres the deal. I have a 94 camaro z28 m6. When I pull it out this spring I plan to change the trans fuild. Our transmissions call for dexron 3. I recently bought (4) bottles of the royal purple ATF for dexron 3 transmissions. I heard allot of people say the sythentic will start to eat away at the rings or something like that. I just wanted to make sure it would still be safe putting it in my trans. I always thought sythentic was the best stuff to put in. I dont want to use this stuff if it will cause me to need my trans rebuilt in the future. Any info would help
Old 01-20-2006, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

detroit_903- While the blocker ring thread is geared towards 90-00 F-body T-56's, it may be good information for you...not sure though.

Try taking a careful read through the below 2 threads:

Which T56 fluid?

Ending the speculation: Blocker rings, who's had them fail?

I you want to easily find other threads on fluid to run in F-body T-56's, do a search on my username in the Manual Transmission forum...it should yield a good number of threads.

Good luck!

Chuck
Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read through the thread about lube and blocker performance and it made me wonder, has anyone tried B&M Trick shift? As I remember from years ago, its supposed to have better lubricants plus a friction promotor for the clutches. My guess is that it might help spin the blockers up quicker. Opinions?