Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

i smell clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i smell clutch

ok......i did something dumb.i was cruzin around and i came to a stop sign.....reved it up and dumped the clutch and started roastin em'....one thing tho,i left it in 3RD and it smelled real bad.like rubber and clutch mostly clutch...is this bad?how much can a stock clutch handle?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by YngBird
ok......i did something dumb.i was cruzin around and i came to a stop sign.....reved it up and dumped the clutch and started roastin em'....one thing tho,i left it in 3RD and it smelled real bad.like rubber and clutch mostly clutch...is this bad?how much can a stock clutch handle?

Yep, thats bad. At the least you probably have a glazed flywheel and pressure plate, which means it will hold even less power now. The stock clutch is barely, if at all, adequate for a stock vehicle. You probably need a new clutch now.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Launching!

whats a good clutch.i plan on doing heads and a ATI PROCHARGER soon.so i need something that can handle 5 or 600 HP.THANX
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YngBird
Ooops! that's not good. Check your PM's dude...

Quick Reply: i smell clutch