Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mr. Transmission screwed me

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mr. Transmission screwed me

I took my car to Mr. Transmission to have it look at because my clutch was slipping. They tear it down and tell me i need to get my tranny rebulit cause somehow my stock car ripped out my input shaft and screwed everything up. My question is if i did that how did i drive it there? So i give them the green light for like 10 min and call back and tell them to stop. They claim parts have already been ordered and its torn down its too late. I go up there to get my car towed and my tranny back and they wont let me go near my car or clutch. I finally get a look at my clutch(while they were yelling at me to go away) its worn but not broken apart like they told me and my flywheel that was supposably ruined didnt even have hot spots on it. They tell me i cant have my car because they guy that is working on it isnt there any more so i tell them i will e there at open in the moring to get my car and tranny and they need to stop. I get there in the morning and maraculously its already rebult and to put it back the way it was would cost me like 1000 dollars. In conclusion... there was nothing wrong with my tranny to start out with and they are putting my old one back in, telling me its new, and making me pay for it.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks man. you shouldnt have given in under the pressure .
Old 01-29-2006, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its a little late but did you ask to see the old parts? If they "threw them out" pay with a credit card, take it to another shop and have them look at it, if its all stock reverse the charges.