Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch question.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch question.....

I just installed an F14 cam and i've noticed over the past week that my clutch pedal sticks to the floor after getting on it even more than it used to.....i have been considering a textralia clutch when this one finally goes, but i was wondering if the new clutch will alleviate this problem or if there is something else that has to be done besides the drill mod......if there is a way to fix this in the mean time instead of an entirely new clutch, that would be ideal as money is definitley tight after the cam and gear install......will the new TEX SS line that i've been hearing about fix this?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

If the pedal is sticking to the floor, more than likely its a hydraulics issue.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Launching!

yeah i know but what kind of hydraulics issue......i can't for the life of me understand what could be causing this so often......i don't know if it's the amount of power i have now or if it's heat off of the headers or what.......
Old 02-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Launching!

anyone else have any ideas what might be causing this problem more frequently after the cam install??
Old 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Are you losing any fluid? If not, it might be the master cylinder letting fluid by pass the piston, causing it to equalize pressure on both sides.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Felton is right...

I have the same problem and my car is stock. What i would do is check the master cylinder. Heres a picture of mine. If you look real close you can see its got a buldge in it when pushed in... I think im having the same issues as you. Whenever i got WOT it sticks to the floor when i shift. It really sucks. Im going to put a new master cylinder in it and see what happens... It seems that nobody has a definite awnser on why the clutch sticks to the floor for the few of us .

The clutch pedel is out right now...

And, see when the clutch is pushed in, how it bulges out around where the shaft goes in... Im thinkin that's the problem.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Launching!

I don't know, but it is a real PITA, i can't get into any gears for a few seconds sometimes even after i pull the pedal back up with my foot.....it has been doing it since it was stock but very seldomly, after the LTs went on it got a little more frequent, now after the cam........almost everytime i stomp on it, it does it......i'm at a loss.