Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

"ideal" clutch pedel pressure????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question "ideal" clutch pedel pressure????

What would be considered "ideal" clutch pedel pressure? Recently, I had a new clutch installed. The pedel is so soft, that when I first got in the car to drive away, My foot almost went through the floorboard.

Previous Clutch::Spec Stage 3, Ceramic

Currently installed Clutch:: Luk Pro Gold Series.

Don't get me wrong, there is pressure or resistance, Just very little. A 5yr old can shift gears if they could reach the floor. In a way, I like it, But in another, i kinda miss the pedel feel of the Spec. I'm Learn how to drive my babe all over again. Even the Engagement is closer to the floor, where the spec was more like halfway up.

As it stands, I will never purchase a spec clutch again.....no matter what stage. That Chatter was almost unbearable @ times. For 25K, I had to put up with that crap. Now, Leaving the Light is so smooth. reverse is soooo smooth..No more chatter for me. Ever!!

Anyways, whats Considered Ideal pedel Pressure????
Old 02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Z06 clutch with the updated slave cylinder, and I have a light clutch, lighter then the original clutch and slave. I think that's just part of the newer LS1 hydraulics as the LT1 cars had a stiff clutch, about like a typical Mustang, and those are cable operated. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I wish it were stiffer, like the 03/04 Cobras.

Jason