Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick question on my purchasing choice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question on my purchasing choice!

Hey guys, I've decided to go ahead and replace my flywheel and clutch, and I've noticed a few combos that seem to be used most.

Spec 3 / Fidanza flywheel,
LS7 Clutch / LS2 flywheel,

From here my question is how would the LS6 clutch and flywheel work since I noticed a kit on SummitRacing.com that includes both for 457 bucks.

I was pissed at first because it crapped out so early but I figure it just gave me an excuse to upgrade like I wanted haha.

Also why not go with the Spec flywheel if you get the Spec clutch?

And I really would like to go with a LS7 clutch and LS2 flywheel, but I can't find where to view prices and such so any clue to where I could look?'

And if I wanted to go ahead and replace my clutch master and slave cylinders can I get the 01-02 instead of mine (99) and it be a direct fit?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as far as the LS7 clutch set up figure it will cost around $550 give or take a little. Do a search for the part numbers. They are on here somewhere. or someone might chime in with them. You can then get prices from GM direct parts. or I believe that fred beans has been giving good prices on them. Again search is your friend
Old 06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Is a slave necessary on my 2001 Z28? or that is recommended each time you replace clutch? i have 47k on my camaro now... sorry for jacking your thread..
Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Mine has 90K and the shop says it needed to replace the Slave and Master while installing the LS7 clutch.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BYUNSPEED
I have the LS7 clutch kit, LS2 flywheel, LS7 pressure place and TO bearing.
How much? + Slave + Pilot Bearing & alignment tool
Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
PR Director

Originally Posted by formula99SD
Hey guys, I've decided to go ahead and replace my flywheel and clutch, and I've noticed a few combos that seem to be used most.

Spec 3 / Fidanza flywheel,
LS7 Clutch / LS2 flywheel,

From here my question is how would the LS6 clutch and flywheel work since I noticed a kit on SummitRacing.com that includes both for 457 bucks.

I was pissed at first because it crapped out so early but I figure it just gave me an excuse to upgrade like I wanted haha.

Also why not go with the Spec flywheel if you get the Spec clutch?

And I really would like to go with a LS7 clutch and LS2 flywheel, but I can't find where to view prices and such so any clue to where I could look?'

And if I wanted to go ahead and replace my clutch master and slave cylinders can I get the 01-02 instead of mine (99) and it be a direct fit?
Thanks in advance.
What do you plan on doing to your car. Clutch depends on what mods you plan on doing. The ls6 clutch kit would be fine for a stock or moderately moded car. If you would like to go with the ls7 kit check out Byunspeed or T56Rebuilds.com, they are both sponsors and can take care of you.